Friday 4 January 2019

Going to the chapel (2)

So from the last post on the church build I've made some more progress and indeed have reach the stage where I am calling it finished. I had some green tissue paper from a food hamper my brother got me for Christmas. I tore up little pieces of the paper and glued them on the dome, largely to see what it looked like, and I'm actually happy with the result. I was trying to find a finish that was a bit different to just tiles or rough plaster and I think this fits the bill nicely. I can always paint over it in the future if it looks too out of place. Thoughts welcome of course!


The roof is painted up now in shades of grey and flock added to the base. The flock is still wet in these pictures so may look a little strange but it has come up rather decent.



So the church for scenario 3 of the 29 Let's Go Campaign is complete! I'm finishing up on some fences and that should be the board complete for scenario three, although we have yet to have our first crack at scenario 2!

As far as the campaign goes I have a few more feet of road to make up and a small river for the final scenario. I've been trying to find good pictures of Rommel's Asparagus or the anti-air landing poles, but can't see any that really give a good idea of what they were like, other than a pole standing in a field. May just skip building them as they won't have a great impact in the scenario or a wide requirement in any other games/scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment