Tuesday 17 September 2019

6mm part 2

I finally got round to basing and finishing off the first batch of 6mm Brits for my IABSM project. I'm using 30x30 MDF bases for ground troops, 3 bases per section, with light mortars on one penny pieces, and big men on two penny pieces (1p & 2p for simplicity)

I plan on using 1p for other supports, ie MMG/HMG, but will put AT guns etc on 30x30 bases as they should be identifiable by themselves.

I'm not sure about basing vehicles yet - I think it is probably the best course of action for longevity but the appearance bugs me a little.

I followed a simple method for the basing, PVA and sand, burnt umber paint, dry brushed up with lighter brown shades (sienna and umber variants). finished with some 1mm static grass in two shades, from Serious Play on eBay.

Anyway enough chatter here are the photos:




Four platoons and Five big men, PVA still wet.

Static grass down and PVA still wet.

One platoon, PVA dried!

Big men and 2in mortars


That's all folks!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely set ov models! I really like what you did with the bases...

    What ruleset do you use with these? I read that you used the rules from Too Fat Lardies. Srd these any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used them yet, but intend to try out I ain't been shot mum, from Too Fat Lardies. I really enjoy Chain of command and Sharp Practice so figure I'll probably like this set too! I enjoy their approach to the time period and use of leaders in combat. I'll write up something more comprehensive after my first game!

      Delete
    2. I will be picking up I Aint Been Shot Mum and the Sea Lion expansion at Crisis, Antwerpen this weekend... We already planned to do a what-if Seelöwe campaign, and this seems to good to pass... I will keep you posted...

      May I ask, how did you find my blog? Glad you did, by the way, otherwise I would have never found yours ;)

      Delete
    3. I found your site after googling for "making 6mm terrain and buildings" or something similar, one of results was a forum, although I don't remember which one. There was a link from that to your site. I've tried to look back and see if I still have the page hit on the forum but can't find anything yet! I'm glad I found your blog too, you are a lot more dedicated at posting updates than I am! I really enjoy following your progress.

      Have fun at crisis, I do recommend popping by the Too Fat Lardies guys as they are always good fun!

      Delete
    4. AH I found it - The Wargamers Forum under the Projects, plans and progress, you posted a WW2 6mm hex terrain topic which read, liked and checked out your blog!

      Delete