Thursday 16 January 2020

Starting 2020

Ah yes a beginning of year post, only two weeks late!

Actually this is a nice way for me to think through what I want to try and achieve this year in the hobby.

Under the 6mm WW2 category, which is pretty much ready for a game, I've got universal carriers for the brits and some kubelwagon and motorbikes for the germans to finish off.

I'd like to finally get started on some 6mm Napoleonics. I have a few packs from Baccus that I would like to paint up and start working out how much and what other types of units I want.

While I am in that period I'd like to rustle up some small Sharpe Practice forces, already have them, just need to assemble and paint.

More terrain. 6mm hedges, fences and walls. I've picked up a fair amount of 28mm MDF buildings over the past year and would like to get them made up and finished off.

I just picked up a box of  commandos and commonwealth infantry from the Warlord sales, it was a reflex purchase as I was prepping some Black Ops units at the time and these screamed out to me. The latter would be used to make up some SAS. I'll aim for some additional commandos made up and painted, and if I get round to it then some SAS too.

My main aim is to try some solo wargaming. I asked Henry Hyde about it a few weeks ago when he had a patron question session. There was a lot of good information in the podcast and also in the comments afterwards. Luckily CoC, IABSM and Black Ops all rather lend themselves to solo play due to their mechanics.

Now you may look at that list and feel it is rather short but there is more afoot. A lot of this hinges on a rather enjoyable and larger project which has finally had some movement on it. I am aiming to build a shed that serves a few purposes. Firstly it is to give me a quiet area to work in when I work from home occasionally, without disruption from the other half. Secondly to have a dry area to do my wood working (making, repairing chicken coops, pig houses, stable doors etc) and finally I will have an area to store all my wargaming stuff I have accrued in my short time in the hobby, and even perhaps have a dedicated gaming table! Oh the excitement!

Now if this moves ahead as planned then the first part of this year from spring onwards at least will be largely focused on building/sorting the shed. I am waiting on the architect submitting the plans to obtain a building warrant having had planning go through already. I intend to have it finished off, at least externally, and watertight by June.

No comments:

Post a Comment