Monday 1 October 2018

29 Let's Go - US Supports part 2

I enjoy making terrain, probably because I don't need any particular finesse in order to produce something that looks half decent. Whereas the trouble I have with painting miniatures is that I'm just not very good. So do forgive these amateur daubings, it is really only myself and one other who usually see them.

Previous I wrote about making up some supports for the 29 Let's Go campaign I am undertaking with a friend. This is just to close the loop now they are painted.

They got primed with a cheap grey spray paint, during which I managed to break one of the chaps off his base, clearly hadn't done a good enough job on the gluing bit. Ho hum. Plastic mini superglued onto a metal coin, I may revise my method in future, or just pile on more glue. Probably the latter.

I follow the artizan designs paint guide, making do with close analogues if I don't have the exact paint. I read a fair few tips about how to do this stuff and the method that seems to work for me is painting from the inside out, ie skin first, then clothing out to webbing and equipment.

After the main colour I simply brush on some wash, then try highlight some of the larger areas or items. And that is it. Not pretty, not special but it works for me. I struggle to paint neatly let alone trying to wet blend and layer, so I'm shooting for an acceptable (to me) standard.

(as a side note I really need to improve the lighting, all the pictures seem to come out a lot darker than expected when I see them on the phone screen)

Anyway here are the unfortunate chaps, ready (or not) to face the Mighty Unterfeldwebel Otto Weinstein and his band of misfits.


Platoon Commander, Platoon Sergeant and the three squad leaders. (just a re-basing onto hexes here)

Wire team

Demo team


Mine clearance team


Flamethrower team

Extras. Brens, Rifleman, FOO, Ammo Carrier.
And that is the lot for this batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment